How Much Do You Know About Your Breast?
This is a must answer question for all women. PATVIV delivering a detailed health talk on Breast Examination to some ladies and women at Lekki, Lagos, after which there was breast screening using the breastlight machine.
Current statistics shows that one out of every woman will come down to breast cancer in their life time. It is not enough to say or think ‘God for bid’ but to ensure a healthy life style and engage periodic screening to beat the fearful data.
According to Breastcancer.org, the reality is that every woman is at risk for breast cancer, and this risk tends to increase over time. It’s important to understand and regularly update your health information related to breast cancer risk throughout your life with your doctor. To get the conversation started, here are some points to talk to your doctor about:
- family history of breast or other related cancers (ovarian, melanoma)
- any test results for abnormal genes linked to a high risk of breast cancer
- results of past breast biopsies, even if they were benign
- personal history of being treated with radiation to the face and/or chest before age 30
- breast density
- weight, if you’re overweight or obese
- level of physical activity
- any use of postmenopausal combined hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- alcohol consumption, if you regularly drink more than 3 alcoholic beverages per week
- the amount of processed food and trans fats you eat
- your smoking history
- whether or not you had a full-term pregnancy or breastfed
From us at PATVIV, we believe there is no substitute for knowledge! We await your presence for discussion on your breast health and for screening.
your health is our concern.
We are located at
322 Road, A Close Round-about,
FESTAC Town, Lagos, Nigeria.